The Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music (GIM)
Professional Training Program
- This music-centered, mind-body approach allows one to access and explore the wisdom of the body and the unconscious (musical background is not required to attend the training).
- Transformational approach inspired by Jungian, Transpersonal, and Client-Centered theories, utilizes music to evoke a variety of images, body awareness, emotions, memories, and creative insights that can help a person move through difficult issues, and reflect more deeply on their life’s journey.
- An integration of music, guided imagery and Mandalas for individual and group work.
- Content of the training includes learning skills for guiding sessions with clients presenting with a range of personal, career, relationship, health and spiritual issues.
Are you a professional in the areas of mental health, medicine, music therapy, art therapy, or personal coaching? Would you be interested in learning additional mind-body approaches such as meditation, guided imagery, and the expressive arts to integrate into your practice? We offer this exception al professional training which will deepen your experience with these practices, as well as introduce you to the healing and transformative power of music. Musical background and training is not required to attend this program.
At each level of training, you are invited into different experiences of listening and relating to music, so you will be able to offer it to clients as your co-therapist for tapping inner resources of mindful self-awareness. Learn how integrating music & imagery into your work can help people deal with life transitions, reduce stress and anxiety, enhance emotional well-being, address grief and loss, reduce the impact of trauma, and deepen spiritual connection. This professional training includes learning how to use this holistic, music-centered therapy, and the skills required to facilitate this interactive guiding technique for individual and group work. At the training, you will notice that your sense of time becomes aligned with kairos, also known as soul time, as the balanced curriculum guides you through a personal and professional experiencing of the potential of The Bonny Method.
This Training Program is Designed For:
* Mental Health Professionals
* Health Care Professionals
* Life and Busin ess Coaches
* Integrative Medicine Practitioners
* Music Therapists
* Art and Expressive Therapists
* Body workers and Energy Healers
* Teachers and School Counselors
This method has been researched and demonstrated effective in helping clients:
*Reduce anxiety and stress
*Resolve grief issues
*Address health challenges
*Reduce effects of trauma
*Improve problem solving
*Enhance recovery from addictions
*Deepen spiritual connection
Continuing Education Units and Contact Hour Certificates available.
Vision Statement of the Integrative Music Institute:
The Integrative Music Institute founded by Erin Johnson, LPC, FAMI, and Cara Marinucci, LPC, FAMI, was created to connect people to the healing and transformative power of music. We believe that music, imagery and the arts have the intrinsic capacity to guide p eople to their own inner wisdom, stimulate creativity, and promote mind-body integration.
In our workshops and trainings, we engage people in the discovery of self through the relationship with sound, image, and deeper sensations. We create experiences that open people to their creativity and deepen their spiritual connection through music and the arts.
Calendar of Training Events
(All events are in Charlottesville, VA unless otherwise noted):
Most events are held at retreat centers, and the fee for meals and lodging is not included in the tuition fee.